Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Father's Day









Father’s Day

Just an ordinary Sunday in June
is set aside to honor our Father’s of earth,
A good meal and family fun together,
celebrating with laughter and mirth.
Fathers are those macho men
who are not crazy about all the fuss,
The shirts and ties as “thoughtful” gifts
often sit in the closet to collect dust.
There is a gift they would treasure far more
than wrapped gifts of a material nature.
That is the hugs, the love and respect,
the everyday remembrance, for sure.
Our Heavenly Father is like that, you know,
He wants us to talk to Him each day,
To obey His will and share our lives
with others along the way.
So here is a special wish to all
who are fathers among us this day,
May you have peace, happiness, joy, and love,
on this, your Father’s Day! ©

Melissa Baker Vinson
6/15/97

Fathers need to be honored as well. Here's an early post and another (old-note date) poem to wish a very happy Father's Day to my Dad and in honor and memory of Carl's dad. I'm also honoring my sweet husband and my brothers, who have all been awesome Dads! Have a fantastic day, gentlemen - you are loved and appreciated more than you'll ever know!

[since I could not get these pictures in the location I wanted them, I'll have to give you a hint as to who everyone is...top, L to R: Harold "Tip" Baker, my dad....Cecil Vinson, Carl's dad; next row L to R: Max Baker, Philip Baker and Ed Kirkley (Cathy's hubby and another "brother"); and last picture down, but most certainly "tops" in my book...Charlie (our oldest), Carl, and our youngest, Mike.]

No comments:

Post a Comment