Friday, June 17, 2011

And to Other "Fathers" in My Life

David was the first "in-law" to come into the second generation of the family, when he married my niece Renee. But he quickly became a nephew with no "in-law" attached.  He is a strong husband, father and supporter of all that is right.  He has also taken on the role of patriarch of the Baldwin family since the death of his father and brother, and looks out for his mother, sister & family and runs a successful insurance business to boot!  I love you, David!

David, Kayla, Jared, Matt, (triplets) Renee, Theo, Janay (T-g/f)
The Baldwins
Next came Billy, my nephew by way of marrying my niece Rochelle.  Now, Billy, I haven't been able to be around nearly as much as David, but he's a great guy. Christian husband and father as well, he's a sports enthusiast and also loves his girls.  The last few years, he's had jobs that have had him working out of town, separating his family for months at a time, but he's been a trooper.  I love you, Billy!

(this picture is REALLY old - Hope will be a Senior this year...)
Billy holding Hope, Rochelle holding Allie
[I must say Billy & Rochelle haven't changed, her hair is just longer]
The Knightens
Next, I guess will be Jason - he's my nephew via my sister.  Jason is an awesome Dad and I am so proud of how far he has come.   I certainly won't go into all his struggles, but he is a strong young man, a hard worker and great husband and father. We are so happy he found Tiffany and the family they have been able to form together with his sons.  I love you, Jason!

Jason, Tiffany, Donovan, Logan
The Kirkleys

Then we have Brandon (always Heath to me) - he's Jason's younger brother. In the last couple of years, Brandon has become step-dad to some great kiddos - Megan and Dalton.  Also a very hard worker, Brandon has been considered the "quiet" one, but he has opened up so much since having Christy in his life.  We look forward to getting to know these sweet children more and enjoying happy times ahead.  I love you, Heath!

Megan, Dalton, Christy, Brandon
The Kirkleys

I was unable to get a picture of Brian and Alec. Brian is the step-son of my brother Philip, and he's a great dad as well.  We haven't been able to see or be around Brian since he was younger, but I keep up with him through his mom and through pictures (sorry I couldn't get my hands on one for this post).  Hopefully, we'll be able to resolve that issue and have more family time again.  I love you, Brian!

This post was dedicated to "fathers" within my blood family...if you're just joining my little blog world, be sure to check the earlier post on Father's Day, highlighting my own father and father-in-law, brothers, husband...

But here's also to those wonderful fathers and friends - some we see weekly, some just every now and then - but know you are loved and thought of fondly.  I was going to start listing names, but just knew I'd leave out someone unintentionally, so it's safer to just send out greetings to you all for a fantastic Father's Day 2011.  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment