Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let's let February 1st be the new year

Our friends who have just been through a blur since mid-December caring for a dying mother, have decided to let February 1st become their New Year's celebration...the holidays all ran together without celebration and fan fare. They will bid farewell to her sweet spirit tomorrow.

And another close friend just buried her mother yesterday, also after a blur of holidays.  We may just have to do the same for her family - February 1st, the new, New Year!

But change comes, whether we're prepared for it or not.  We grow older, lose hair, turn gray, gain weight, lose family members to death or to dementia, have great staff members at your family member's assisted living leave without notice, marry off children, have those children move way too far away to visit everyday or even every month...some things we look forward to, others we dread with a passion. 

God is forever faithful to do what He promises and it is we who must trust in Him and stop trying to handle all these changes on our own.  It can become overwhelming if we try to cope without God in the driver's seat...we've heard He is to be our co-pilot, but I'd rather Him do the driving.  But, I am preaching to myself here...it is so very hard to "let go and let God". 

As we start this new week, I hope I can do just that.  Stop worrying or concerning myself with things I simply cannot control.  Get back in the Word and let the Father do His thing with my heart and my life.

Have a great week everyone...as we say farewell to those we love and will miss greatly, let's turn it over to God...they will be in His presence now and our loved ones would definately want us to no longer worry about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment