Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And the Rains Came

I love the sound of rain on the roof. That's what I woke to in the middle of the night.  After sighing, I turned over and went back to sleep, snuggling under the covers next to my sweet husband.  But, not until I tried to coax poor Buddy into calming down and to go back to sleep too.  He's our 7 year old mix terrier who sleeps in a kennel in our bedroom...poor thing is terrified of thunder and lightening and the rain.

When the rain comes during the night, when things are quiet around me and I stop and listen, the rain provides such a calming sensation.  And it reminds me of how God uses rain to wash the dust and grim away and to nourish the earth.  This is what baptism does to our bodies and souls.  By immersion, we're washed and made clean by the blood of Jesus.  Ready to start each new day with a clean heart and soul.

Everything around us and every experience can be a teaching moment if we'll just "be still and know He is God".

Have a blessed day and stop to listen to what God has to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment