Thursday, October 4, 2012

Welcome Fall, Y'all!

Most definitely, I love this time of year...the cooler weather, less humidity, beautiful colors of changing leaves, holidays looming on the horizon.  All part of God's handiwork. 

This time also makes me a little melancholy. October also reminds me that two special men in my life are no longer with us - both my Dad and Carl's Dad had October birthdays.  This Saturday would have been my Dad's 91st birthday.  Carl's dad would have been 96 on the 15th, and Halloween night he will have been gone 24 years.  November 7th will be the 17th anniversary of losing my Mom.  She would have been 91 in December.

Carl's mother is maintaining her health, though her dementia is continuing to increase little by little and she is shrinking some in height and weight, which is to be expected I guess. Currently she is still content at her assisted living facility.  We pray it will remain that way.

But, on to brighter moments...we also have some fall and winter birthdays and anniversaries and happy celebrations with family and friends to come. 

Holidays will be enjoyable this year with Charlie & Nichole closer by and they will celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary on December 24!  Mike has a precious girlfriend.  We have our good health and are now losing some of those many extra pounds. 

Have a blessed weekend...I will share these thoughts which help me through unpleasant times:

Faith = Trust, Reliance on and Obedience to HIM!  Keep the faith, pray and always remember HE is in control of all; even the things we think we can control. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment