Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Down side to Spring

I'd love to say that Spring is a most wonderful season in beautiful Tallahassee...and it is!  But it sure came fast this year - a lot of the azaleas and dogwoods around here have already bloomed - hopefully there will be more to come.  But the sunshine and crisp mornings and low humidity have made these days such a blessing from God.

There is also a down side to this time of year for me.  At least it has this year.  I find myself selfishly wanting to be retired and enjoying the outdoors, taking trips to see family whenever I want, taking day trips to the beach, stopping in to visit a shut-in or someone in the hospital or someone lonely.  I don't want to be at a desk all day and then have no energy or desire to do anything after work.  [There are some Thyroid issues and possibly some other health-related things which drag my energy levels down, but this is the pits!] 

I want to be organized so badly, but don't take the time to do anything about it.  All the paperwork at home (personal, Mrs. V's and Woodmen), at the office are just in piles and I can't find a thing when I need it!   Everything is a shambles and it's eating away at me.  The house is dirty and every room is filled with things I need to do something with...a giant yard sale is on the horizon! 

Maybe this is just some "spring fever" issues.  Maybe it's really a "heart issue".  But all I know is I have got to get some things under control or I'll continue to be miserable and take others down with me along this sad road.

These sayings I found on Facebook today really hit home, so I pray [something else I haven't been good at lately either] I can get my life in order and be on the upswing very soon.

Blessings to everyone - we're going out of town this weekend, so maybe that will help - even though we'll be working in Montgomery, I pray it will help...










1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this would work for you, but when I find myself getting unorganized, I will set a timer for 15 minutes or so and tell myself to work on the pile/mess/clutter until it rings. I can do anything for 15 minutes and it makes a much bigger impact than it seems like it would.

    ReplyDelete