Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back at Home

     We have enjoyed the last couple of weeks back in our old routine of doing whatever we wished when we wanted, and getting to attend worship together.  Come Thursday night (11th) Carl and I will be back to full-time caregivers.  Mrs. Vinson will be released sometime that day.  I'll go back to working from home.  Keep us in your prayers for patience with her and with each other, compassion and the ability to give her the care that she will need.  Rehab is still saying they are working on trying to get her an appointment regarding her "H" issues...they are on their 3rd doctor and we're not sure if that one will come through.  I don't know whether it's her age (93 come Aug. 20), or just what the problem is, but two have turned it down.  I just know we can't live with her constant pain with those pesky "rhoids" (guess we could, but sure don't want to - I'll be nuts within a month if we don't have her some surgery)...
     If anyone just really enjoys planning menus, that's one area where we could use some help.  We're use to just grabbing something to eat or opening the cabinet and figuring out what we want.  That is one thing I can say for the facility she's at, she was given three very nice meals and she has been eating pretty well.  She'll not be happy going back to our hodge-podge meals.  Need simple, but nourishing meals and Carl and I will be grateful for suggestions.  She refuses things like Boost or Ensure, that will give her extra needed nutrients for her body - doesn't like the taste.
     Hope you all have a good rest of the week - Blessings...

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is crock pot meals. They are soft on the pallet, and as you know, easy.
    My Mom makes my Mawmaw those Stoffer's family meatloaf and other soft easy-to-make freezer oven-bakes. She loves them with bread. That way you are not spending a lot of time in the kitchen. xoxo. They are not the fanciest things, but nutritious enough...

    ReplyDelete